Lubbock, Texas Now Hiring: Director of Maintenance
Citibus in Lubbock, Texas is seeking a well-qualified candidate to fill the position of Director of Maintenance. This position has overall responsibility for directing Citibus maintenance operations to ensure safe and cost effective fleet and facilities operations while maintaining compliance with DOT, FTA, OSHA, EPA and other regulatory requirements. The Director will be responsible for effectively leading a team of approximately 30 employees to maintain our fleet of 81 busses, 33 Paratransit cutaway vans and 19 fleet vehicles as well as associated facilities and equipment.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) from an accredited two-year college or technical school
- 5 years of previous maintenance management experience with a demonstrated ability to effectively oversee maintenance operations and lead employees
- 5 years of experience in bus maintenance/10 years of experience with diesel engines
- Possess a current Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
Key responsibilities include:
- Hiring, training, and developing maintenance personnel; Fostering a positive/productive work environment; Addressing and resolving employee related problems and disciplinary issues
- Planning, developing and implementing new methods and procedures designed to enhance safety, improve operations, minimize operating costs and achieve greater utilization of labor and materials
- Scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of all company vehicles and equipment to include analyzing production schedules, estimating work hour requirements and determining work priorities, duties and schedules
- Maintaining computerized and manual maintenance records
- Administering preventative maintenance program
- Overseeing vendor warranty work and warranty reimbursements
- Creating reports to include vehicle maintenance program, manpower, budget control, and maintenance staff reports
- Inspecting vehicles and equipment to ensure compliance with operational standards
- Overseeing maintenance safety, monitoring lost time due to accidents and taking appropriate action to prevent reoccurrence
- Developing specifications and recommendations for new vehicles and equipment
- Preparing maintenance capital outlay technical specifications for RFPs
- Overseeing requisition and inventory of tools, equipment and supplies required for maintenance operations
- Administering Hazard Communications Program and enforcing safety regulations
- Overseeing environmental compliance and coordinating response to hazardous situations (including spills, etc.)
- Maintaining reporting requirements for various agencies such as the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, DOT, FTA, OSHA and EPA
- Other duties as required
Citibus offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, short-term disability and 401(k). Relocation expenses are negotiable.
How to Apply
- Download application form at Citibus Employment Application Package
- Complete an application package (completed application, resume and list of three  professional references) and submit utilizing one of the following options:
- Email to Careers@citibus.com
- Fax to (806) 712-2012
- Mail to: Citibus (Attn: Human Resources), P.O. Box 2000, Lubbock, Texas 79457
- Submit in person at 801 Texas Avenue, Lubbock, Texas 79401
Working at Citibus
Thank you for your interest in employment with Citibus. Current vacancies are posted as they become available. Applications are screened for minimum qualifications listed on the job postings. Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have an ADA accommodation, please contact Citibus Human Resources at (806) 712-2000 x 223.
Successful Applicants must pass a drug screen as well as a physical examination for employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Citibus is an AA/Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veteran Employer. In compliance with state and federal laws, Citibus does not discriminate in employment practices because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or any other legally protected status. In further compliance with state and federal laws, Citibus does not discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability because of the disability of such individual in regard to job application procedures, hiring advancement, or discharge of employees, employee compensation, job training and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.